Our innovative energy management solution is now available to electricity and natural gas customers
WGL Energy Services (WGL Energy), a WGL company, announced it has extended the reach and availability of its robust Energy Management Platform – a free, innovative online tool that enables customers to monitor and track both electricity and natural gas usage to help save time and money.
The Energy Management Platform is now available to WGL Energy’s government, commercial and industrial electricity and natural gas customers in Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington D.C. The solution effectively enables these customers to manage their energy budget, calculate carbon emissions, achieve sustainability goals and benchmark against industry standards. It also provides energy efficiency recommendations customized to each facility.
“WGL Energy Services continues to help customers
make smart energy decisions through the use of
innovative technology, including
data and analytics…”
Vice President and Chief Revenue Officer for WGL
As commercial and government facility owners face ongoing energy regulations, as well as increasing carbon reduction and energy reporting requirements, the Energy Management Platform delivers an advanced level of strategy and planning tools with easy to understand metrics and insights. To learn more, view the video that briefly highlights its main features and benefits.
“WGL Energy Services continues to help customers make smart energy decisions through the use of innovative technology, including data and analytics – this easy to understand information puts confidence and control directly in their hands,” said Louis J. Hutchinson, Vice President and Chief Revenue Officer for WGL. “Our Energy Management Platform is another way WGL empowers customers with answers to help make energy surprisingly easy.”
Highlights of the Energy Management Platform include:
• Benchmarking Integrated with EPA’s ENERGY STAR® - Through an automated data exchange with the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager, customers get energy performance benchmarking, data updates, and electricity and/or natural gas usage reporting, at a time when regulators are progressively mandating the use of ENERGY STAR benchmarking.
• Early Account Renewal Alerts - Customers are notified when to consider renewing an energy account early at a favorable rate, potentially saving costs.
• Energy Tips/Best Practices – Customers get customized energy efficiency recommendations to enable them to take important energy savings steps and compare how energy efficiency measures are working.
• Budget Management and Tracking - Customers can set budgets for their monthly energy spend, and then track performance to let them know how well they are doing.
• Energy Broker Access - Energy brokers have quick access to clients’ energy data, allowing them to proactively engage on managing energy usage.
About WGL Energy
WGL Energy is an entity that delivers a full ecosystem of energy offerings including natural gas, electricity, green power, carbon reduction, distributed generation and energy efficiency provided by WGL Energy Services, Inc, (formally Washington Gas Energy Services, Inc.) and WGL Energy Systems, Inc., (formally Washington Gas Energy Systems, Inc.).
WGL Energy strives to provide concise and accurate information from dependable sources for information contained in this report. Nevertheless, WGL Energy does not warrant the authenticity of such information. This report is not intended to serve as a trading tool for customers or for potential customers. If you would like to like to receive this information via email, please send your request to email@example.com.